Search This Blog or The Web

Friday, February 21, 2014

Poetry by me

I hear the knock

I hear the knock,
I hear the knock at the door.
Who is it?
It's destiny, it's me, destiny.
I've been waiting on you, I've been waiting...
I've been holding the door, I've been calling you...
You see, I've been knocking for a while now,
banging on the door....
but you took a while to answer,
your tears would always pour...
See, I put that drive in you,
You know, that feeling,
that you never want to give up.
Come and take a walk with me;
in me you will find purpose...
instead of running around like everyone else,
in this oh so acquainted life of a circus.
See, I've knocked and knocked,
but you were too scared to answer.
So I scared you with experience, 
to keep you from dying from this worldly cancer.

Written by Shaneice Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment