Search This Blog or The Web

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Poetry by Me "Hardened Heart"

Tired of pretending like I'm okay,
tired of always forcing a smile upon my face,
tired of hiding the way I feel,
tired of suppressing the way that I deal....
deal with constant depression, the feeling of abandonment and rejection,
and the sickness of a loss of positive perception.

I am broken,
and I told God this...over and over again.
I am torn,
and I cried my tears to Him time and time again.
I'm looking around and screaming inside....when will it all end...
I did what I did, when will a balanced life begin?...it just takes me to a place of hurt because I even let go to give in....

But this nightmare....this nightmare, keeps on chasing me
I pray and I worship and get in my word, but it is never enough.
When will this road of mine get a little less tough?

I am hardened and sad...angry...furious, I'm mad
I just want to be happy, but I never seem to find that peace inside of me...
the more I think about my life, the more I want to cry...
I just want to cry and cry and cry and let it all out, but the tears never stop flowing...

I am tired of pretending like I'm okay
and I'm tired of always forcing a stupid smile upon my face
so tired of hiding the way I really feel
suppressing the way that I secretly deal
I've been dealt a hand of constant depression, the feeling of abandonment and rejection...
tired of this sickness...this insidious infection, the sickness of a loss of positive perception.


#Poetry #Broken #Torn

No comments:

Post a Comment